Discoz.com Terms & Conditions
“Customer” = The person requiring the services of Discoz.com
“DJ” = The representative of Discoz.com responsible for operating your entertainment
“Booking” = The period during which our DJ is supplied to the Customer.
“Venue” = The place in which the Booking takes place.
(1) Common Terms: These terms below apply to the Booking agreed by the Customer and Discoz.com. These terms render void any other agreement between the Customer and Discoz.com including any terms printed on any other stationary.
(2) Booking Confirmation: The Customer’s private booking agreement with Discoz.com will only be confirmed once Discoz.com have received a completed booking form and agreed deposit fee (if required). Confirmation must be sent by Discoz.com in form of either an email, postal mailing or text message before these terms are observed.
(3) DJ Responsibilities: The DJ will: (i) Comply with the Health and Safety, all policies and requests of the Customer & Venue; (ii) Be dressed appropriately for the Booking conducting him/herself in a proper manner (iii) Not engage in any conduct detrimental to the interest of the Customer or Venue.
(4) Music & Requests: The DJ will make every effort to ensure appropriate music is selected for the event. The DJ will attempt to play all music requests made before and during the event by the Customer but cannot be held responsible if specific selections become unavailable.
(5) Venue Access: The Customer will ensure adequate access to the Venue and nearby parking for unloading and loading of the equipment into and out of the Venue. The DJ will invoice the Customer for any such parking fees with payment due upon receipt.
(6) Setup/Set-Down Period: The Customer shall ensure the Venue will allow Discoz.com adequate access time for the setting up and taking down of any equipment (normally between 30 minutes and 1 hour). The Customer will not be charged for this extra period of the Booking.
(7) Venue Requirements: The Customer will provide a DJ with a secure and stable table (preferably 6-foot). The Customer must also ensure that the Venue has suitably earthed electric supply that will not cause any malfunction or damage of the equipment. The DJ reserves the right to discontinue all or part of the equipment usage if the power provided is not capable of operating without risk of damage to the equipment. The DJ is not responsible for power outages, nor responsible for any equipment that fails at the event. The DJ will find suitable back-up equipment if equipment fails at the event. The Customer must ensure adequate protection for the DJ and the equipment should the Booking be outside. Should inclement weather or other factors prevent the Booking from continuing the full fee will be paid as per the booking form.
(8) Licenses: License for the performance of recorded music is only required at public events. (In most cases private parties; wedding receptions etc, do not require such a license). However, It is the Customer’s responsibility to ascertain the requirement of such a license and whether the Venue is licensed for such. Should the DJ be prevented from performing by any failure of the Customer to obtain the appropriate license or permission for the Booking then the Booking fee will still apply.
(9) Damage: The Customer will be responsible for any damage caused by anyone at the venue, to equipment (sound/lighting equipment and/or music library) provided during the agreed Booking times, including a one hour set-up and pack-up time period before and after the booking time. Discoz.com is not responsible for any damage to the hall or building where the services are provided, or responsible for any injuries which may occur.
(10) Security: The DJ will only play in a safe, non-abusive environment. Any mistreatment or abuse of the DJ in any way will result in the immediate discontinue of services with full balance still due.
(11) Payment: The remaining balance owing to Discoz.com, as stated on the Booking Form for the agreed performance times, must be paid in cash once the DJ has set up and tested the equipment. If the customer, for any reason, is delinquent on payment on the booking date, the unpaid balance will be subject to a 10% financing charge. Forms of payment include cash & certified cheque. Cheques will only be accepted when received at least 7 days prior to the Booking date. There is a £10 charge on any returned cheques in addition to any finance charges that may accumulate.
(12) Booking Duration: The Customer may adjust the fee pro rata for any lost performance time that may be as a direct result of the DJ and vice versa. Any additional changes to times must be agreed by both parties and subject to stated extra costs on the Booking form. The DJ will only provide a longer performance if the total balance is paid in full and no other obligations are pending. The availability of the DJ for overtime cannot be guaranteed.
(13) Customer Cancellation: Cancellation of the signed agreement must be made in writing. If the written cancellation is received within 14 days before the Booking, Discoz.com will require by way of liquidated damages a sum equal to the full fee of the booking. If written cancellation is received 14 or more days before your booking, any deposit fee will be reimbursed less an administration charge of £100.
(14) Customer Double Booking: If the Booking has been confirmed and the DJ attends the Customer’s function to find another artist or DJ has been booked by the Customer or any other persons then the full fee shall be payable as per our agreement.
(15) Discoz.com Cancellation: In the unlikely event that Discoz.com are unable to attend the Customer’s Booking for any reason, we reserve the right to fulfil our obligation to the booking by arranging a suitable DJ replacement, so that the Booking may proceed. In the unlikely event that a replacement cannot be found, Discoz.com will make a full refund of any deposit paid by the customer. The customer agrees that the refund will be the full extent of damages he or she is entitled to and no further damages may be sought against Discoz.com.
The Law of England and Wales applies to this contract and the Courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction.